Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's a girl! And I like her!

So we finally found out the sex! It's a girl!! Our second experience with the imaging center was much better. We had a different ultrasound technician, who was highly more competent and pleasant. She looks so much more like a baby now. I'm starting to finally feel connected to her. This lady also thought it was ridiculous that the previous woman didn't print any pictures for us, because apparently it was totally possible. So this time, we got a couple. I got to see her moving and kicking a ton and putting her little hands by her face. So cute! I also am really feeling her kick and punch now. Here's her pretty profile.



I went back to the midwifery center and that's where I'll be staying now. I listened to her heartbeat again on the Doppler and she kept finding wherever it was and directly punching it. Then she whooshes away again. I like her. Haha.

The midwife wants me to write down everything I eat for 2 weeks. Doing that has veered me more towards the right choices and has made me think twice about French fries and too much ice cream. It's kind of annoying! But it's helpful. I want my baby to be used to all the good stuff and not have the taste buds for just fatty and sugary things. Yikes.

I have to schedule my glucose screening test before my 28 week visit. I don't know how long it takes to get those results. Should I go a few days before my appointment? A couple weeks? I'll be at the beach from August 4- August 18 and my appointment is on the 21st. Is it enough time to take the test on the 20th? Or maybe I should try to find a LabCorp in South Carolina.

On a different note, I'm obsessed with baby girl clothes and I wish I had bajillions of dollars so I could go crazy. I'm hoping for a Gap sale soon because those $30 baby dresses that she'll only wear for a couple months are irresistible!

We took a tour of the apartment we almost moved into back in May. This time, we saw the 2 bedroom, which is like a tiny town house. Emphasis on tiny. The bedrooms are microscopic. The prices have also gone up. No surprise. The 2 bedroom started at 1295 and the one bedroom, which used to be 1000, is now 1287. Great! The search continues. There was another property we had in mind that is just down the street from this other place. We finally actually went to talk to them and took a tour. There is a one bedroom with a den which is less than the 2 bedroom, but is definitely enough space for us. The den will be our nursery/ craft and piano room probably. I don't know yet. We'll probably had a bassinet in our room and a crib elsewhere. The size is nice and it's not fancy, but we can make it cute. We're going to opt for the un-renovated kitchen to save $100 a month. The renovated one is not so impressive anyway. I just dont want to be on the first floor. The apartment is not ideal, but it's in our price range, it's in a good location for us, and we can work with it. We're hoping to move at the end of August or beginning of september. Hopefully august so we can use the pool for a few weeks. And so that we're not stuck moving on our anniversary.

I've moved down from 40 to 32-36 hours at work. Mostly 32 actually. It feels a lot nicer, but I still wish I didn't have to be on my feet so much. I gotta hold out for 4 more months! We need the money.

We leave for the beach in 11 days and I need another swim suit or 2. I can't wait to be in the sunshine finally. I have never been this pale this late in the summer. Thanks, retail hours. Danny's excited to spend 5 hours a day on sand castles. Hooray!

Time for a smoothie and some yoga.

~21 weeks, 5 days~


No comments:

Post a Comment