Thursday, June 14, 2012

4 months!

I'm officially 16 weeks today. I had my monthly OB visit down in ol' Annapolis. It was a painless visit, literally. No lubey, cold metal exam. Phew! We just went over my blood work- I'm not anemic. So my tiredness is not a lack of iron, it's just pregnancy tired. That's good.
My blood pressure is 100/58 and I'm 153 pounds. I thought I was more, so I was scared that I lost a lot of weight, but I was 154 last month, apparently. It still feels like a big number, compared to what I usually am.
We heard the heartbeat again on ye fetal Doppler. It was at 152 bpm. A little slower than last month, cuz it's a lot bigger. It's still so fast cuz it's only the size of an avocado and it's in super growth stage.
We're excited to be able to see what the sex is in 3 weeks! We have to make a separate appointment at a Sonography lab or something. It's creepy that they all have "radiology" and "medical imaging" in their name. I don't want all those waves hitting my body and baby all the time, so it's a good thing that we don't get to see the baby every month.
They asked me for like the 4th time about all the testing that I already denied and signed a piece of paper in a million places saying I was denying all of it. I think she could tell I was annoyed, cuz she said I need to sign it, so that they don't keep pestering me about it. And then she realized I already had. I'm sick of talking about it and being asked about it. I shouldn't be made to feel guilty about denying invasive tests with faulty results that just cause more testing. I am not going to do anything differently anyway....so...
I wish there was a midwifery center in Howard county. I need to figure all this out. I have another appointment at the OBGYN next month, but I didn't schedule one for August. By then, I'll be 6 months, and would like to just go to a midwife after that.
I was weirded out that I haven't had to pay anything yet, so I asked today. She said my insurance covered me 100%,, so that I didn't owe anything. Hooray!! So exciting. :)

Danny and I got some fresh lemonade and ginger soda at Level downtown after the appointment. We also snacked on some fresh pickled vegetables and mushroom soup. Now we're stuck in rush hour. Whoops. Should have just stayed longer. But we didn't want to pay for more dinner there, so we left. My poor baby is being bored by a not so interesting story on NPR. ;)
I work mornings for the next 2 days, and then we're spending a day at the beach on Sunday! :)

~16 weeks~

2 comments:

  1. I go to Signature OBGYN and only see the midwives there. You get to choose drs midwives or both. It's right around the corner from HCGH. You do have to give birth in the hospital, but you can move around and everything. They have 2 rooms (out of 12) that have tubs, which you can labor in but not give birth in. Just depends on if one of those rooms is available when you get there. I guess I'll see! I got a few recommendations to go to Signature, and I've enjoyed my experiences with the midwives. Haven't given birth yet, so can't speak on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i see. i had heard something about that, but they don't advertise the tubs, i guess since they're's only 2. i wonder why you can't give birth in them. it would be nice to at least be in one for labor! thanks for the tip! when are you due?

    ReplyDelete