Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Balance

I used to think that when I got pregnant, I would be super strict about the food I ate, the containers out of which I drank, the body care products I used, and those i avoided...but for one reason or another, I'm not. I'm not sure why. I've always been strict about the food I eat and where it comes from, but I've always had flexibility and slip ups and such. I thought I would be perfect when pregnant land started, because I didn't want to be the reason my kid had trouble in school, or had a physical disability or something. But now, that I'm actually pregnant, I find myself far less worried than I thought I'd be.

I work 40 hours a week in retail on a hard concrete floor in very uncomfortable shoes. A pedicure is a treat, and I in no way have extra money to be spending, but man, oh man, every once in a while, it's divine. I treated myself today. I kind of feel guilty about it because including tip, it's $40. But I could either buy all the stuff to do it myself, and then have to breathe in the fumes, or I could go get an amazing foot and leg massage and sit in a massage chair in a well ventilated salon where it doesn't even smell like nail polish.

This long story is meant to demonstrate that I thought I wouldn't paint my nails because supposedly it's bad to do, but, yet...im doing it! I feel that it's much worse to be so caught up and worried about all the dangers in the world that could negatively affect your baby. Stress and worry are physically damaging on your own body, and also terrible for the fetus. So which one is worse? Perhaps I should just be perfect...

My little baby is the size of a peach (mmm) this week. I'm almost into week 14, when it will be the size of a lemon! Citrusy! I've forgotten to take my DHA the past 2 days :/. And I had no trouble working a ten hour shift today, but now I'm sleepy.

~13 weeks, 5 days~

Peachie, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment