Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Passing into 2nd trimester wonderland

Ah, the constant queasiness is finally over. People told me 2nd trimester was much better. I wasn't getting my hopes up just in case I stayed sick the whole time, but hallelujah, I feel much better. I'm officially 12 weeks and 6 days. I'm starving about every 2 hours, I have a better attitude, and I feel much more like myself. I am so glad that I don't want to throw up at the sight of food. And I'm so glad that I'm getting back to my normal eatig habits. Enough of this croissant for breakfast and nasty quality fast food for dinner. I ate red robin and chic fil a during my first trimester. I'm so ashamed, haha. I had no idea how weird pregnancy was. My body was stronger than my mind and values because when I finally got hungry, I was craving grease and gross. I tried to limit all the fried and nastiness, and still ate the majority of my meals from whole foods, but I am not proud of some of that food list. Yikes! I still don't find chocolate bars or brownies and such appealing, but I have been drawn to some good quality hot chocolate lately, perhaps to take the place of coffee. I've been quite good with giving that up, even though my doctor said that since I have great blood pressure, I can have some if I want. The acidic factor has kind of turned me off to it. Plus, I'm sure I've done enough stupid things, so I'd rather not keep drinking something that could be damaging. I was disappointed that we didn't get an ultrasound at my last doctor's visit. :( we heard the heart beat again, for the 3rd time, so it wasn't all that exciting for me, because I want to see its face! It's grown so much since the last time I've seen it, at 7 weeks, and I really want to see the little guy, or girl Something that was kind of cool and a little bit funny was that the baby is definitely a hider. That's confirmed. 1 ultrasound and 2 dopplers, and the little thing had not failed to run away each time. It's a fast little bugger. As soon as the doctor caught up with it, to hear the heartbeat, there it went, swimming away! I think it's kind of cute. "leave me alone, guys!" **shoom!** My next OB appointment is in 3 weeks. I won't see an ultrasound then either :(. Maybe I'll beg for one so that we can see if they can tell the sex yet, because a lot of times, they're able to tell at 16 weeks. Especially if it's a boy. My next appointment after that is at 20 weeks. That's 5 months! Ah! I feel like I'm showing a lot more than other preggos at 13 weeks. I'm turning into a chubbo quickly. I thought I might not get super big, since I'm so tall. Alas, I'm in pregnancy jeans and need to invest in some longer shirts. I've been wearing tshirts every day at work. Too bad it's so cold in there, because otherwise, I'd be rocking cute dresses daily. It's bed time for this chubster. Dream time with my hubster. Ha! :) ~12 weeks, 6 days~

No comments:

Post a Comment