Wednesday, November 14, 2012

15 days left

I'm so tired! I've been going to bed early and getting 8-10 hours of sleep, but I'm still wiped. My body is getting more and more uncomfortable. I feel like her head is just heavily sitting on my pubis. I feel twinges of pain, or as my chiropractor told me to say, "discomfort". I had an appointment today and she encouraged me to look up hypno birthing words and positive affirmations. I really like her. She said my hips have opened up in the back sciatic area and my pubis is opening kinda lopsided right now, which makes sense of why I have crazy pain on just one side. I'm going to visit her a few more times before delivery, and apparently, it really helps to go while in labor on the way to the hospital to make sure everything is lined up properly. Makes sense.

I have the day off tomorrow and I'm going to sleep in, take a bath, watch a movie with Danny when he comes home from work at 10am and probably take a nap with him. I'm also going to make cupcakes, finish painting Ruby's dresser, go to target and get a curtain rod and maybe go to the MVA and get a new license with my married name on it. In order to do that, I'm going to have to put on makeup, so who knows. I really should have my name right on the license I bring to the hospital, and I'm kinda running out of time. My face is only a little swollen. Not ideal for a picture I'll carry around for 5 years, but it could be much worse. I also need to call my insurance company and get them to send me new cards with my new name. And I'm going to try to finish packing my hospital bag tomorrow. Woohoo!

My boss told me I could leave 2 hours early today because I think she could tell I was really uncomfortable and tired. I ended up only leaving a half an hour early, because we need the money and I wanted to finish the task I was doing. I had to do a bunch of stuff in the back with new holiday product, so I took every opportunity to sit in butterfly, squat, and stretch as much as possible. Ive also been taking small naps in my car on my lunch breaks. It's pretty necessary to get me through the 8 hours. What an old woman i am! I finally put in my request off sheet the other day. I put my last day as my due date, but I think my team leader will be flexible if I need to leave before that. Especially if she comes early! (fingers crossed)

I have a midwife appointment on Friday morning. I'm going to ask her a lot of questions and make sure they have that I'm allergic to Sulfa as well as penicillin. For some reason, I had a feeling that's not on my chart. I wonder how big Ruby was measuring, because they didn't mention anything about size at my last ultrasound. People keep saying I'm so small, but I can't tell if that's just cuz I'm tall, or if she actually is small. I wish I had an idea. I might have to get a couple last minute newborn clothes, since I mostly stick to 0-3 months thinking she would be more than 7 pounds. We shall see I suppose.

We got the car seat installed tonight! By we, I mean, I redid the straps after redoing the fabric since I had washed it, and then Danny installed it in the car. Woohoo! I'm a real mom! We have to put the 2nd one in Danny's car too, but he left it at Whole Foods and drove home with me today. He drove there to meet me in order to get cupcake ingredients and attend my chiropractic appointment with me. He was lonely without me all day, and needed to be around me. So cute. I like him.

I cant believe we'll finally meet our baby in 15 days! (maybe a little more or less)

38 weeks tomorrow!

P.S. I'm thankful for good elasticity in my skin which has helped me avoid stretch marks.

I'm also thankful for decaf hemp milk lattes. :)

1 comment: