Sunday, November 4, 2012

Blah blah

I had my 36 week visit on Thursday. The storm throwing off my appointment was helpful, because I was going 2 days before the week mark (35 weeks and 5 days), but now I'm right on it. That was terrible English...it's 4am.

My body thinks it's 5am, due to this whole fall back situation. I was awakened by my nightly 3-5am pee trip. I am still dehydrated, even though I am unsure of how that is possible. I even started drinking a bottle or two of electrolyte enhanced water in case that was thrown off and is why I can't seem to get enough H2O. I'm working on it...

It's depressing to wake up in the middle of the night without Danny there. I am NOT a fan of these midnight-8am shifts. I actually think it's kind of ridiculous. If I close, like I did last night, I get home at 10:30 or 11 and get to cuddle for 30 min to an hour tops before he leaves. They need to give him a raise for this. If it was just a holiday thing, it wouldn't be so bad, because there would be light at the end of the tunnel. It's not. I don't like it...

So anyway- my 36 week visit... Strep B test was no where near as uncomfortable as I had imagined, so that's good. Danny was there with me at 9am, even though he had just worked a terror shift over night and was really tired. I'm glad he was with me anyway. :) we got an ultrasound whether it was necessary or not (I'm not sure what the purpose was), but she's definitely head down and face down now and she's definitely a girl! I'm glad we didn't have a last minute surprise. Her head and body parts all look good still and my level of fluid is healthy, etc. Good! The pictures they printed for us are super super dark. I'll put them in my scrap book anyway, but they're not really worth showing. Nadia, a coworker, said I was having a ghost baby because you could barely see anything. We saw her clearly on screen. :) she moved her face away when they stuck the wand right in it, and acted like that was strange. Wouldn't you move if someone shoved a machine in your face? They told me I wouldn't feel the same kind of movement since she should be cramped and the kicks won't be as dramatic. No change yet, still lots of drama. But maybe she's small. I was hoping they would tell us that from the ultrasound, but I forgot to ask, and she didn't mention anything about size.

She's awake now and punching and kicking me pretty obviously. It's probably because I'm hungry. Grapes have become my favorite mid-sleep snack, but I'm out and so I'm at a loss of what to eat instead. Dried mango is a good one too, but I don't have that either. I had WAY too much dairy yesterday and my stomach needs something healthier and watery. Grapes? I miss you...

I'm at the midwife's weekly now, so I'll be back on Friday at 37 weeks and 1 day. Thankfully, I asked her to write a note to our health insurance stating that all ultrasounds and blood tests were necessary for a healthy pregnancy and should be fully covered. Hooray! Those health insurance companies...sneaky...

I'm currently having a hot flash and my heart is beating really fast. Yay. I should really eat something. Too many discomforts at the moment.

Justine is coming over on Monday evening to help paint some fun stuff in the nursery! We finished the stripe wall, and painted another wall turquoise, but it needs something else on top. I can't wait to have it finished!

I can't believe I'm under the month mark! Baby soon! My what to expect when you're expecting countdown app tells me she's the size of a watermelon. I'd say that's about right. My belly has gotten HUGE! It's definitely lower, so hopefully she's on her way out. Let's start this dilating thing soon, so we can be pregnancy free by December.

Snack/sleep time.

~36 weeks, 3 days~

No comments:

Post a Comment