Saturday, October 27, 2012

Checking things off the list...

I am very much looking forward to being able to be able to hug Danny tightly without a big belly in the way. I'm also looking forward to...not having to pee 1000x a day and night, non elastic waisted jeans, being able to roll over more easily, painting my nails, being free from violent hiccups, not having super sore leg and back muscles, being able to chow down on some tuna... but mostly, I can't wait to see and hold our little baby!

I have my last sonogram coming up on Tuesday. Side note on sonograms- I think it's sneaky and weird that pregnancy doctor costs are supposedly covered 100% by insurance, but that doesn't include sonograms or any kind of testing. So all that blood work, and that dumb glucose test are all out of pocket expenses. Fantastic.

Danny and I have Bradley class this morning. We only have 5 more including today. Maybe we'll have 6 if she's late. I hope that's not the case.

We had a maternity photo shoot with our wedding photographer, Wendy Hickok on Wednesday. We always have so much fun with her! We didn't expect to have a preggo shoot so soon after the wedding! We went to Cylburne Arboretum and played in the leaves and trees. I can't wait to see the images! She would show us a couple shots on the screen of her camera and I kept being surprised that I was so pregnant. I almost forget that I look so differently. I'm so pregnant! We also got on the calendar for a newborn shoot. She said they are best in the first 15 days after they are born, because they still cuddle up really tightly and sleep most of the time. I've been trying to plan little outfits and themes. It will be so close to Christmas by then, so I'm thinking of something pepperminty for one look. :) we'll see what we come up with...

Danny put together the changing table and I got the mattress and sheets set up in the crib. The nursery is starting to come together! We are painting on Sunday, hopefully. I need to get some more baskets for under the changing table and we need to get a bookshelf, a couple little shelves for the wall, a curtain rod, and another panel of curtains (because I was unaware that they sell each side separately). After that, we should be all set!

I keep checking TheBump.com's checklist of stuff to do before baby arrives. It's been a very helpful tool. I have pretty much everything I need for my hospital bag, but I still need to physically pack the bag. I have a meeting with a pediatrician, Dr. Nold on Wednesday morning. I've heard good things about him from a few different similar minded people and he is pretty flexible and understanding. There aren't any holistic/integrative pediatricians in Maryland. The closest is Alexandria, VA. So hopefully, we'll have a great relationship with Dr. Nold.
I preregistered with the hospital and I pretty much am on schedule now with things to do. I'm trying to read as much as possible, but I'm sure it will be okay if I still am reading after her arrival.

Time to go to Bradley!

~35 weeks, 2 days~


No comments:

Post a Comment