Thursday, October 11, 2012

Staycation

Ohhhh man. 33 weeks. 7 left. I can do this! My hips hurt SO much!! No amount of stretching and massage is seeming to help. My belly is in the way for some stretches anyway. It's like the inner thigh, where the legs connect to the hip, and my super low back and tailbone. They're killing me! They cramp up all the time and oh man, it's not enjoyable. My upper back isn't peachy either, but that's normal.

I'm getting sick of a million people telling me I've popped. Yeah, well that's what happens. I'm fully aware that I'm pregnant. With that, comes a big belly. But then the other half of the time, people are telling me I haven't gained weight anywhere but the basketball on my stomach and that I look great. I love hearing that. I'll admit it! I enjoy being complimented! It is encouraging when you FEEL like crap that someone doesn't think you look like it too.

I had a horrible night sleep the past several nights. She's not kicking me and keeping me awake, I just keep having stressful dreams and other hindrances to rest. I've also been experiencing crazy hot flashes. I'm so glad it's getting colder outside, because I've been needing the air conditioning on crazy stupid temperatures because otherwise, I'll be kept awake from sweating. The insanely cold temperatures at Whole Foods probably messed up my normal body thermometer. They keep it freezing in the store, and my body has probably gotten used to that. Feeling overheated is a normal symptom though, so who knows.

On a better note, Danny and took a little staycation from Sunday-Wednesday. That's how poor people do a baby moon. I had my baby shower on Saturday, which was fun and pretty and full of free food. :) Jenna made us play this disgusting baby food tasting game. Me and my sister competed, while blind folded. Um, disgusting. BUT apparently, I Should be a chef because I got every one right. Sweet palate. Very strange...

Then on sunday, Danny and I went to the Renaissance festival after church. I had never been, so we had fun, even though it was sprinkling rain the whole time. We had an umbrella, and I was happy for cool fall weather. The next day, Danny ran a bath for me as soon as I woke up. He even scrubbed it first and lit beeswax candles. I soaked in the Biggs and Featherbell flower soak and it was simply delightful. He's so great. After my relaxing morning, we went to Butler's Orchard in Montgomery County and picked pumpkins and wild flowers, and we bought pumpkin butter and apple jelly and apple cider slush and had a grand old time. We went to the county version of Founding Farmers for dinner. :)

My birthday was on Tuesday- (I'm 24!) and we relaxed a lot of the day and i wrote my shower thank you cards, did some returns I think, and went to target to get a lamp and curtains for the nursery. We enjoyed lunch brunch at Miss Shirley's. Pumpkin. Cheesecake. Stuffed. French Toast. Oh man. So yummy. Danny had class at night, and we didn't want to spend any more money, so we canceled our late dinner reservations. I enjoyed a pedicure while he was at school. :) that was my first one since very early pregnancy. It was long awaited and wonderful.

Then, on Wednesday, we spent a lot of the day cleaning the apartment. It sounds lame, but that was honestly one of the best birthday presents ever. Danny helped so much and our apartment looks awesome. I washed almost all of the baby clothes and sheets and blankets and folded them in her room. We still want to paint that dresser, but at least they're away. We have a lot of decorating and painting to do, but our apartment is becoming a home! Then, last night, we went out for family birthday dinner at Woodberry Kitchen in Baltimore. I had never been, because it's so expensive, so it was a good place for pops to pay. ;). It was so delicious. It's a farm to table restaurant, so I ate meat. Yum.

My mom had the crib she bought for us in the car, so we transferred it to ours and Danny set it up last night since he didn't have to work early this morning. We watched Cinderella, which was one of my presents :). And now we're back to work. *sigh*

I am so glad we took that little vacation. Holiday retail madness is starting soon and the baby is coming soon after that.

~33 weeks~

P.S. a passerby just asked me, an 8 months pregnant chick, if I had a cigarette...

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous even if you don't feel that way. I'm so excited for this little (or chubby) baby to come! And yes, hot flashes with pregnancy is normal no matter what temperature environment you've been in. It's just the hormones.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm excited to see the little chunk too. <3

    ReplyDelete